Friday, September 27, 2013

Pumpkins for Cathey





SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!
Happy Bloggoversary!!!!!!!!! 

Cathey, we wanted you to know how much you meant to all of us.  I discovered your blog and fund raising blog when I was first diagnosed with breast cancer and I am so glad I did. You don't  realise how important it was to me at the time. Even though I refused to look at anything to do with cancer, (I wasnt ready you understand:) I read your blogs.

Most people go through life hoping to leave a little ripple which may be remembered. Possible a toe mark in the sands of time.  Babe, you have left a ruddy great sand dune!!!!!

  Today is officially Pumpkin Patch Day!!!!!


All us other pumpkins are there to help you in whatever way we can.  We have never met each other but here we are, all bustled together to show our love and our support.  Some of us pumpkins have blemishes and scars from surgery: others are perfect but who feel that love which comes only from the female mind, to help and support you through your roller coaster journey.


Even on the days when you feel crap.  Sorry, I couldn't resist this one...it is meant to make you smile, not gross you out rofl.

We are there to help clean you up and make you rest ready for the next bout of stitching!


Here we are, all in our unique ways (or deranged: depends on how you view the picture haha), with our unique personalities (def deranged), holding your hand from afar. Sending prayers for you. Shouting at the universe for you.  Sitting quietly by your side in spirit if not in real presence, giving very soft, gentle hugs to let you know you are not alone and we are all going through this transition with you, if only you take a moment to feel from afar the love we have for you.  You have inspired many with your fundraising and with tales of your journey: now it is time for us to give back to you.
A  You have touched a million hearts.  Out of an entire universe, your star has shone brighter than any other I have known.

I edited my post and took some out but words of wisdom from a good friend mean I am going to put them back.
I too am living with cancer so I hope you will understand those of you who arent, that at the end of the day this is what matters to us. To know our lives counted and we made a mark, a good mark, and that our children will continue to get to know us.

Cathey, I know you get frightened at the thought of not being around Junior.  I want you to know that we will do everything we can to help him remember you, so he can see how many hearts you touched.  How loved you were, even if you are around another 100 years.  We will play our role.  Today is officially Pumpkin Patch Day.  What is in cyber space is around forever and we will continue to post and share your deeds so when your son is 50 and he googles your name, he will see how you helped us all. See how strong and amazing you were.  I wonder what he will think aged 50 at seeing himself referred to as Junior rofl.  Well, he will always be Junior to us even if it is a nickname or his real name xxx
 

Happy Pumpkin Patch Day xxxxxxxxx

And thank you Daffy Cat for organising this. Click on Sharon's Blog name to find out more!

18 comments:

  1. OMG , you have me sobbing on my laptop.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great thing to do for a fellow blogger. Thumbs up to all bloggers involved and also Daffycat for her organisation.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaynor,
    What a lovely post. You brougt me to tears and laughter. Thank you for you sharing.

    Those pumpkins are awesome!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing heartfelt post. A wonderful tribute.
    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog and your support.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a touching post.

    Thought and prayers sent your way as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweetie! Yours is perfect too! Love & Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful, heartfelt post! I both laughed and cried as I read it. You both have touched our hearts in more ways than you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pumpkin that is loosing his cookies, hahaha...that's hilarious.

    Hang in there also. I've never walked in your (or Cathey's shoes) but saw my SIL go thru it all. She was a fighter til the end. and we all make sure her kids remember the little things about her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post! Love the assortment of pumpkin pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice pumpkin post. Touching with a sense of hunor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely post, got tears in my eyes here. Love the 'sick' pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's really lovely

    {big hug} x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website