Wednesday, February 15, 2017

February Gifted Gorgeousnessness!

I know, the heading is wrong but the word gorgeousness wanted to come out like that and who am I to deprive a word of extra letters and syllables?

Gifted Gorgeousness is a wonderful blog event, hosted by Jo, from her wonderful blog, Serendipitous Stitching.   We get to post about all the things we are gifting to others and the hings we have been gifted in turn.

I have lots to share so let's start with things I have been gifted.

Yesterday was happy post day!

I received two really thoughtful gifts.
 
The first was from Justine. You can find her blog HERE.

It was her finished stitching of my design 'Witchity's Store'.  I actually used Justine's model as the cover of the chart when it was released for sale because I liked it so much.  I'm struggling with photos today so it hasn't come out as well as I'd have liked. Trust me, it is even prettier in person than it is in the photo.

I never actually managed to finish stitching it for myself so Justine's will be framed and left for my granddaughter.  Thank you so much Justine xxxxxx




The second package that came in the post was a jewellery set which was made by a school friend.  Paula makes jewellery and sells it, along with patterns of jewellery she has designed herself.

Again, my photos suck. The set (necklace, bracelet and earrings) are a beautiful bronzy gold colour and the beads shine with an amethyst colour in the light. They are stunning. 

You can find Paula's website Here!





Now, what have I been giving to others?  Lots hopefully, for to give is divine! 

Firstly, a little crochet cardigan for my granddaughter using 4-ply wool.  I was so pleased with how this turned out.


It fit her beautifully: the little bag had better not have a growth spurt just yet! That 4-ply is a wee bit slower to work with than dk.

Remember the Holmsey chart that I added to the free chart list, Bee Mine?
Well, Christine R from fb-land stitched it and turned it into a Valentine's card for her husband.  Isn't it gorgeous?




It's very special, seeing people use my designs to make memories.  Thank you for sharing your photo, Christine.

And I will leave you with another gift.  I know it's a bit late for Valentine's day but heck, real love should be celebrated every day!

You can click on the title to be taken to it or get it from the 'Free Chart' section.

I've got a busy few weeks ahead now, with CAT scans, bone chemo and results so I'm not sure when I'll be back. Wish me luck though, please. I think I'm going to need it!

Happy stitching everyone xxxxxx

Gaynor


17 comments:

  1. What an adorable cardigan for your granddaughter!

    Wishing you luck with all of your tests, sending positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely cardigan for your granddaughter - I will keep my fingers crossed that she doesn't have a growth spurt soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cardigan with the flowers details, your granddaughter will look as cute as a button :)
    Great gifts and makes too from the girls.
    Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending good thoughts and wishes as you gear up and go through with your upcoming tests! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gesture by Justine to send you the stitched piece. Great gifts received and made.Sending you healing hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely gifts, and the cardigan is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cardigan is absolutely lovely. Wonderful gifs.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Who cares about a few extra letters! You deserve them for the extra gifts this month. Justine's stitching is great and the jewellery is wonderful too.
    Thank you for the freebie, I will add it to the list on my blog.
    Good luck for the next month and hopefully see you on the 15th March for the next GG update.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeousnessness it is! You are very welcome to the Halloween SAL, I was proud to be your "model stitcher"!
    You have made some gorgeous things for your sweet granddaughter. Thank you for the chart for us too! And Christine did a wonderful job of her Valentine's card.
    I'll be thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely crochet cardigan, I love the Valentine's card, the finish is perfect, so sweet chart. Amicalement.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks wonderful! I hope we get to see a picture of your granddaughter wearing the cardigan, it's beautiful!
    Prayers for your upcoming events.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such wonderful gifts that you received, Gaynor. And that cardigan for your granddaughter is so darling - such a great colour and pattern.
    I have always loved Holmsey's charts. And how Christine turned the freebie into a card is just awesome. And your Valentine's chart is just awesome, too. Thanks for this wonderful freebie.
    I wish you all the best of luck!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delightful cardigan and so pink....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty cardigan--your sweet granddaughter will be the best-dressed girl in her class with all of your lovely creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the free design and such a pretty cardigan for your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute pattern, thanks so much for sharing this! It sounds like you had a great time with your girls :)

    ąøœąø„ąøšąø­ąø„ą¹€ąø”ื่ąø­ąø„ืąø™

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website